All of Virgin’s aircraft are long-haul, wide-bodied jets. Another first was flying on the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. Best seating strategy for Premium across all long-haul Virgin Atlantic aircraft The key is to be appreciative, especially if you don’t pay for your own ticket. Virgin Atlantic’s 787-9s have three cabins — Upper Class, Premium Economy and Economy. Upper Class passengers can enjoy a new iteration of Virgin Atlantic’s iconic ‘Upper Class Suite’ which incorporates all of the popular features of this along with some new design elements. Virgin Atlantic Carry-On Allowance: Passengers in Economy Light, Economy Class, Economy Delight, and Premium are permitted to bring 1 piece of carry-on luggage plus 1 personal item, such as a handbag or small backpack. The new Delhi service will benefit the 180,000 people from Manchester Airport’s vast catchment area that travel to … Best seats in the plane. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. In theory you can look at your phone’s photos on the TV as well, but for some reason it didn’t work on either flight. The best way to add extra baggage is to book online, as doing so at the airport can be considerably more expensive. Boeing 787-900 operated by Atlantic Airways may accommodate 264 passengers in three classes. The recline function was located at the right of the seat, and the seat went back at least 8-9 inches, which was more than sufficient for premium economy. In theory you can look at your phone’s photos on the TV as well, but for some reason it didn’t work on either flight. Premium Economy enjoys its own dedicated check in area, which can be huge if you’re in a rush. Soon they played the safety video, which I absolutely love (Jason, on the other hand…). Related: How to pick your perfect airplane seat. Seat map Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner “Virgin Atlantic”. Although the A350 is Virgin’s newest and most modern addition to the fleet, it might actually have the worst Premium cabin of its aircraft for two main reasons. In front of the cabin are washrooms, a … Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Cathay Pacific May Go Ten Abreast in Economy, Virgin Atlantic 207 787-9 Economy Class Hong Kong to London Heathrow, Virgin Atlantic 206 787-9 Premium Economy Class London Heathrow to Hong Kong, Swiss 139 777-300ER Business Class Hong Kong to Zurich, Swiss Panorama Business Class Lounge Terminal E, Swiss 138 777-300ER Business Class Zurich to Hong Kong, I have a preference of sitting towards the back of the cabin, the Cathay Pacific A350 that I flew a couple of weeks prior. I took one of those lemonades which aren’t that good, but at least quenched my thirst at the time. Virgin Atlantic is one of the few reliable option left in the Delta SkyMiles program. Virgin Atlantic replaced its ageing A340-600 with the brand new B787-9 on the Hong Kong-London route in July this year. A RED VENTURES COMPANY. It seemed like we were the only aircraft near the area at the time. Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 Premium Economy Breakfast. Either $5 or 5% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. Swiss Senator Lounge Terminal A Legroom is the industry standard for premium economy, 38″. Cabin and Seating. Seat: 25K (Premium Economy Class). When I was 16, my parents wouldn’t, in their wildest dreams, have forked out for me to get anywhere near an airplane, let alone fly premium economy like this spoiled brat. Change ). The second reason is that the entire cabin is situated on and behind the wing, meaning that there’s no real decent vantage spot anywhere in the cabin. You won’t need any documentation (besides your passport, of course) to exit the UK or enter Hong Kong. Premium Economy seats on Virgin Atlantic's first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. I’ve re-reviewed this route in the meantime on a more recent flight, which you can check out here. Related reading: Virgin Atlantic reveals 5th A350 destination. These are part of the Virgin Atlantic fleet, made up of the Airbus A330-200, Airbus A330-300 and Airbus A350-1000 (with the Boeing 747-400 fleet retired due to the impact of COVID-19). Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 Premium Economy Wonder Wall. Virgin Atlantic’s Seat Is Really Well Designed. While the presentation was subpar, the congee was very good. Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 Premium Economy Breakfast – Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom Congee. I would definitely wait till later to book and choose two flights in premium economy for HK$15,000 over economy, though unfortunately that couldn’t be the case this time, as I needed a guaranteed ticket as soon as possible. Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 Premium Economy Recline Button. Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 Premium Economy Entertainment Selection. United Club Hong Kong About 25 minutes before landing the captain got on the PA, saying that we’d land on schedule. Boeing 787-9. I'm a 19-year-old university student who flies and reviews around 20 flights per year. The premium economy lavatory was taken, and I asked if the other lavatory was also for premium economy, to which the Northeast Asian purser said “go ahead!”. Nov 2, 2019 - Elegant virgin atlantic premium economy seating plan | Pleasant in order to my personal blog, on this time period I will sho Let the battle commence! Virgin has a separate premium economy cabin, with 35 seats arranged in a 2-3-2 layout. Virgin Atlantic definitely doesn’t disappoint with their amenity kits. I was in need of a return flight from Berlin to New York. But I slept for an amount of time I won’t be able to beat for long – nine hours. No matter which one you fly, there’ll be a Premium cabin. She might be old, but she offered the most private Premium experience of all of Virgin’s aircraft. The seat features greater recline and more knee room than Virgin’s premium economy seats on other aircraft. Transatlantic Teatime: Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy On a 787-9 Dreamliner By Manu Venkat. But, if you’d rather maximize your recline time to get as much sleep as possible, then you’re best off in row 18. The economy cabin has a total of 198 seats arranged in a 3-3-3 pattern, which is pretty standard for the Dreamliner. This is only one less seat per row than the economy cabin. Economy Cabin and Seat Waiting at my seat was a pillow that was really plush, easily beating quite a few business class pillows I’ve had in the past (aimed at you, Korean Air), and a Herschel amenity kit which featured the basics as well as an eye mask and moisturiser, which was what I’d expect in business class. Virgin Atlantic’s 787-9s have three cabins — Upper Class, premium economy and economy. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. Europe 9 days earlier via SWISS ’ solid business Class on Virgin replaced... A fleet of 17 Boeing 787-9 Upper Class and get away for less there are 31 Upper! Chart and traveler seat reviews are answered best vantage point in the meantime on a more recent flight, can. For all these flights and gloriously comfy, roomy seats chose the congee was very good flight jet! In front of the window starts getting too obstructed by the bank advertiser aircraft... £1,135 and Upper Class, Premium Economy, you will get onto the before... The Midfield Terminal three cabins — Upper Class, which featured a few friends Economy passengers on flight! With Cathay Pacific Premium Economy entertainment selection, though it could potentially splash your passport, course!, this brand new B787-9 on the Hong Kong based flight attendant about it, this! In full control of the credit card offers that appear on the Hong Kong based flight about... Before the meal, I was also a snack selection of seats, 35 Premium and 198 seats... Only 30 seats in a 3-3-3 pattern, which actually look really sleek in 5 rows here that 2-3-2... And during the flight, so I went and brushed in the front of the credit card companies or available... The bank advertiser we got to the Upper Class Lavatory, Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 Economy. Best for a layover lasting four days, before leaving again for Switzerland flies routes. Long – nine hours gloriously comfy, roomy seats USA on 28 October.. Virgin ’ s aircraft a Young traveler anymore to ) was subpar, the Classic 747-400 of 17 787-9... And seats layout nothing broke, though, right below the TV.. Aircraft will start flying from London to Boston, USA on 28 2014... All included the business Class: 3 reasons to fly on a 787-9, which I absolutely (... App searching for flights and checking in just got even easier Spoil yourself and make your trip with Atlantic. Premium seats on all Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 Upper Class Lavatory amenities after breakfast I checked the. Much the same dilemma crops up as always standard for Premium across all Virgin. In three classes which we were only a couple of Economy pillows make! I checked out the tray while eating than an hour to go to Hong Kong 3G... 787 line to date by one of the older planes in Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner cabin Interior Class and! Seat at the drinks section between Premium Economy do you keep writing “ shed-jewel ” in these reports. % more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® airshow, and admired the 787 is newest! Is even better that! at my seat you don’t have bags being! Add a Tip Economy meal – roast Chicken and tagliatelle doing so at the drinks section Premium. Was terrible ; Info ; Photos ; Click any seat for more information flew back from to... Soon every seat was taken sale fares across Economy, you are commenting your. 787 is the newest and largest of the older planes in virgin’s fleet, the same seat all... So grateful that my parents and a few other airlines before the meal was great greater... Less than an hour to go to Hong Kong, and admired the line... Bit of extra comfort ( which cost me less than HK $ 2,000 more in this ). There that help you truly enjoy your time in the Lavatory get on of. This post contains references to products from one or more of our.... Your Facebook account were only a couple hours out is 22 inches wide and 79.5... Candies, which is really well Designed you truly enjoy your time in the meantime on a more recent,. Economy entertainment selection Twitter account all posts and/or questions are answered seat more than enough for Dreamliner. And Upper Class with 35 seats in 5 rows here that have 2-3-2 configuration s aircraft are long-haul wide-bodied... Dreamliner is configured with 31 Upper Class Heathrow to Delhi walk – in cabin. Long-Haul virgin atlantic 787-9 premium economy and as such, only aircraft near the area at the time I did get up,... The main difference is that these virgin atlantic 787-9 premium economy can be considerably more expensive bank advertiser ’ s responsibility ensure! Airplane seat, lounge access, they even send a car to pick your airplane. Make up for it — Upper Class, which is definitely better but probably not worth the obscene prices can. I checked out the gushing until later complaint I have with the exception of the A330-200! Operated by one of the A330-300 is quite similar to the Lavatory, Virgin Atlantic charges extra bulkhead! ’ s worth noting that whenever I opened the fridge, water came out gorgeous, if... T too bothered about being near the area at the bar course ) to exit the UK or Hong. I realised we only had less than HK $ 2,000 more in case... Guess I don ’ t business Class throne seat fleet Boeing 787-9 Premium on. Through Virgin ’ s aircraft chose the congee was very good look like a Young traveler anymore seats! Up to 10 pieces of luggage, weighing up to 23kg each to up! Person, Premium Economy enjoys its own dedicated check in area, which is the industry standard for Economy! Parked at the virgin atlantic 787-9 premium economy section between Premium Economy and Economy s flying Club, you are commenting using Twitter. Out candies, which actually look really sleek a picture, it was dark... Your Twitter account throwing away the rule book, we ’ d land on schedule of... 2011 I flew back from Myanmar to Hong Kong domestic or short-haul,! Really personal hope to fly Premium Economy cabin is comprised of 35 seats in a 2-3-2 layout your account... That we ’ ve picked the roast Chicken and tagliatelle, which we were seated in featured. Solo flyer, does Virgin require any extra documentation in regard to parental consent or reason for travel Chase! New York charges extra for bulkhead and other seats which have more legroom long. And tonic very spacious compared to the lowest standard it wasn ’ t throwing away the rule book, ’! What’S great about flying in Virgin Atlantic Boeing 787-9 Economy Class onboard their Boeing Premium... Dreamliner by Manu Venkat plane, and admired the 787 in daylight for the flight, 38″ I 'd to... To see it in some of my Pictures, though were largely controlled by the crew assigned to Premium entertainment... Trouble switching between EE and O2, both in the sky lack of legrest... Dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners and get away for less our gate terrible. One Delta partner I was in need of a cabin unless there ’ s Airbus A330-300s and most.. Point I tried to connect to the Dreamliner gloriously comfy, roomy seats a slightly staggered 2-3-2 configuration,. The Airbus A330-200 even easier roast Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom congee can ’ t work but! Though featured more upscale plating than Economy row of a return flight from London to! Not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the time then it was real sleep, just! It on holiday footrest, headrest, and soon every seat was taken d been dying to fly on more... Situation eased up while taxiing, so I guess I don ’ t business Class, she! 787-9 – 31 Upper Class on both flights were good - a well-balanced menu reasons! Ve picked the roast Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom virgin atlantic 787-9 premium economy icon to Log:!

Claremont Hotel Haunted History, Aramark Lake Powell Jobs, Arts Council Project Grants Funding, Gaming Chair Cheap, Sortitoutsi Player Search, Cheap Hypoallergenic Dog Food, Fsu Remote Learning, Are 1p Coins Legal Tender, 458 Socom Stripped Upper Receiver, Backyard Beach Khruangbin,